Tuesday 25 October 2011

Perfume-Serge Lutens-Louve

Louve by Serge Lutens starts really sweet and almond-y. It is a lovely literally really sweet start. If you like a gourmand perfume with some depth, Louve is the one to try, it is sweet but does not have the ‘la-la look over here I’m a sugary girly perfume’ kind of smell which most new released commercial perfumes have.

After several minutes, Louve gets a little bit softer, warmer, rich and velvet(I think I can smell silky rose scent here, like the type of rose from Paris spring editions), somehow I find it a bit pink, but not the type of fruity floral girly pink, but a more refined, Victorian lace floral dress type of pasty pink.

Later on, a peculiar tuberose-like scent comes in, it’s not loudly there at all, just a glimpse of its essence there, which makes the rose+almond sweet velvet combo even more lovely.

The final dry down is of the type of clean inky musk which you can find in Lanvin Jeanne Lanvin and some other perfumes, personally I adore such clean musky dry down.
Again, Serge Lutens’ offering has gave me a lovely surprise, what’s more, I find Louve would be easier to wear than many other Lutens’ more grown-up scents and it’s really a Serge Lutens’ beginner friendly perfume.
Lovely as it is, I guess I only fine it a decant-worth perfume, since people’s tastes evolve and I find Louve is more a fling and definitely not the type of perfume that can make me settle down for.

No comments:

Post a Comment