Monday 10 October 2011

Perfume-L'Artisan-Bois Farine

Bois Farine by L'Artisan Perfumeur is quite a discreet gourmand foody scent for a good 4-5 hours and then turned into the typical L’Artisan’s drydown.
I couldn’t put my fingers through what exactly it smells like in the 5 seconds in the beginning, it’s like flour, wheat and something mild along that line, something edible in a comforting, quite fashion (as appose to big loud caramel or sugar notes in perfumes).
Soon after, I can smell this peculiar almond biscuit accord; it’s really well done in a realistic way. A bit dry, a bit sweet with vanilla-y undertone hiding there under the nutty (and occasionally a bit lightly smoky) almond-y edible overall impression.

A picture of butter cookies, which is what Bois Farine smells like in the dry down to me.
Just when I thought this is it, this might be a rather linear concoction from L’Artisan. Here comes the drydown (or maybe it’s the post-dry down?) which has this typical L’Artisan-ness added in, a bit burnt rubber-y, a bit woody, something I’ve smelt in Fou d’Absinthe and Dzing!.
Bois Farine is of impeccable quality as such an edible, realist cookie scent, well blend, really likable discreet skin scent. It does smell like some kind of art, however, with this near-zero silage, I can’t see myself splurge on a bottle of Bois Farine.

No comments:

Post a Comment