Sunday 7 October 2012

Perfume-Yves Saint Laurent-Opium Vapeurs de Parfum


Tart, zest, and slightly balmy citrusy accord marks the beginning of Opium Vapeurs de Parfum (confusingly, an EDT), by Yves Saint Laurent. This type of citrus to me is in-between the sparkling, champagne girly sweet ones (which I picture those for warmer daytime) and the sensual deep and a bit dark ones you might find in Shalimar (which I wouldn't dare to wear to uni). Somehow, this citrus type in Opium Vapeurs de Parfum makes the perfume smell rather versatile.

The middle notes are quite oddly thrown-together to me…Even though the indistinguishable notes bunch somehow might be a sign for a well-blended perfume, but something odd there just make my nose feel uneasy and got a feeling that this phase is not as harmonious as I wished.

The good news is, the middle notes stage is rather momentary, soon Opium Vapeurs de Parfum goes into this blooming, beautifully crafted stage, which is quite close to the skin. It smells like waxy-incense (the quite, relatively clean, Zen y type) on the background of sandalwood (also the more cleaned-up version which uses Iso-E-super for the sandalwood-y smell) with a nutty swirl.

I find Opium Vapeurs de Parfum quite lovely to wear, more in a sense of an intellectual journey. With the soft sillage and close-to-skin personality, I find it quite suitable to many occasions.
However, just like one of the hauntingly beautiful incense-dominant perfume that Opium Vapeurs de Parfum reminds me of—John Galliano’s John Galliano (EDP), these gems might not be love at first sight, wait for them to speak to you, you might be nicely surprised!

My bias towards quite incense and scents with some kind of intellectual depth to me, makes me feel compelled to recommend Opium Vapeurs de Parfum to anyone to try...and I can see myself wear this a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment