Thursday 7 June 2012

Perfume-Fragonard-Juste un Baiser

Fragonard, as a brand based on France and seems exclusively distributed there, along with its perfume museum, seems to be one of the ‘must-visit’ places on a perfumista’s list. I have heard hypes about this brand, but unfortunately the time when I was in Paris, I wasn’t into perfumes yet.
Fortunately, I’ve got my hands on some samples and decent decants via swapping with other perfume lovers.
I’ll be posting reviews on these Fragonard perfumes I’ve tried gradually. So…for today, it is Juste un Baiser.

Juste un Baiser by Fragonard
Juste un Baiser means “Just a kiss” in English, and it is a rather girly sweet nearly all-fruity perfume to my nose. Juste un Baiser gives me the general impression of a shampoo-strength body spray for little girls, not even teenagers I’d say; but strangely I find Juste un Baiser can be worn by anyone as an anti-perfume perfume, in the sense of nearly-zero sillage, cute sweetness can be mistaken as the shampoo residue.
Image of raspberries, blue berries, cherries and sweet yam
Ok, about the scent itself, to be, the beginning is a mix of blueberries and many other berries, cute but a bit all over the place; plus this oddly watery tone, Juste un Baiser gives me headaches. Eventhough the headache isn’t as bad as when I smelled some really cheap synthetic-smelling perfumes, yet Juste un Baiser really gets me and it is quite annoying in a way.
After a while, the berry accord is less distinctive and the scent start to bloom and my headache is gone. It smells more powdery than before, with a shy touch of general floral-y hint. Even though it is not my typical accord which I would call vanilla, Juste un Baiser has this smooth, slightly creamy, yet kind of watered-down vanilla note in it to make this scent more cosy than before. And this very draw down makes me smile, and really like this perfume because it smells of simple body spray which really evokes childhood memory and innocent senses, maybe just as the name says, Juste un Braiser.

I am happy that I got a decent decant (5ml) of this perfume via a swap, and waited till the top notes are gone so I actually enjoyed the dry down a lot. However, to be honest, will I really splurge on a bottle of Juste un Baiser, unfortunately the answer is no.

No comments:

Post a Comment