Sunday 8 January 2012

Perfume-Chanel-Cristalle EDT and EDP

Cristalle, one of the quite popular Chanel scent many 30something people find quite versatile to wear, I find it rather a hit-or-miss one to the 20something demographic. I guess now is the time I push myself to give it a go, somewhat feeling really obliged for no particular reasons.
Despite sniffing perfumes for about two years, I can handle niches fine, but I still find there’s something odd in the commercial Chanel scents like No. 19 and Cristalle, which makes me feel a bit scared, like a little kid who’s scared of a family friend (whom to the kid, is ultimately foreign).
I put on Cristalle, immediately I can smell a resemblance of No.19. However, Cristalle is a little bit less serious than No.19. Cristalle EDP smells of lush, green vegetation with a dash of tart violet, iris kind of powdery, non-sweetened floral hint. While the EDT version is a bit sharper, more clear-cut, more similar to No.19 at this stage.
When Cristalle EDP develops into something a bit old-charm chypre sweet, I finally can see some personality of this scent (odd enough, it actually reminds me quite a bit of the chypre in Miss Dior). On the other hand, the EDT simply gets bloomed, I smell some rather dominant violet mixed with other green-y vegetation kind of smell, which in smaller doses from a distance, makes me feel quite refreshing; however, the scent from skin makes me rather ill, like…say smelling floral notes, leather, dry powdery accord in an enclosed car when the air’s not fresh and the air conditioner is on a quite chilling temperature setting (somehow, this is the ultimate mum/working woman scent to me, and not sure consciously or unconsciously, I just cannot handle it).
The dry down of Cristalle is a mellower and quieter version of the above. I’d say, if floral green type of scent is not that appealing to you, or there’s a huge dislike towards green earthy vegetation type of violet-y scent, or a mere compelling reaction towards Chanel No.19 has occurred in your life, not much is missed out by skip sampling Cristalle.

No comments:

Post a Comment