Saturday 15 October 2011

Perfume-L'Artisan-La Chasse aux Papillons

La Chasse aux papillons by Serge Lutens is a great natural, clean, non-aggressive and a bit breezy summery tuberose perfume.

The start is clean, a bit dewy green (in a leafy plant way) tuberose scent, it’s much airier than most tuberose I’ve smelt. It feels like white, clean flower bouquet a bride might have for a summer wedding.
Soon after, it gets slightly sweeter with a little bit slight rose-y undertones. It feels warmer, feminine and reminds me a bit of well blend rose-tuberose flower luxury body cream, it’s quite velvet yet clear cut and goes to your nostril directly and evokes a somewhat modern-nostalgic déjà vu summer night feel.

Towards the final dry down, La Chasse aux papillons smells sweeter, warmer, even with a bit osmanthus-y, fruity-sweet, tart, golden flower smell. Maybe because I’m Chinese and osmanthus is quite a popular flower here in the eastern part of China, somehow this perfume to me smells of autumn afternoon when it’s not too cold yet and when I walk back home from school, smelling the osmanthus from most gardens of other people’s. It’s somehow a quite weirdly refreshing experience, because I find that osmanthus is something that somewhat striking in between overly sickly sweetness and sweet juicy/refreshing feel in a refined, relatively quite oriental way.
I normally steer away from perfumes with dominant white flower notes, and many tuberose perfumes make me feel odd and wanting to scrub the fume off my skin, but I find this one is actually rather pleasant to wear.
Great tuberose scent for flower lovers. Well done L’Artisan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment