Tuesday 4 October 2011

Perfume-L'Artisan-Mure et Musc Extreme

L’Artisan Perfumeur’s Mure et Musc Extreme is a scent you'd better to test at least twice before drawing any finite conclution. I love it when it behaves nicely. I'm surprised that it smells so different now. As someone who believes that the monogamy with a perfume is long dead, I wouldn’t make much effort to really go back to give Mure et Musc too many chances, just in case end up heartbroken, really disappointed or having this perfume wear you in some really inappropriate occasions. However, if it works, it works wonders.

----
The odd bad first time of trying:
After I put one drop of it on me, I smelt a blast of weird, unnaturally twisted fruity scents oddly singing off-tune to me. It was like a night mare, “bug spray?!” It gave me a much worse headache than some really cheap sugary-plastic-out-on-your-face-synthetic 'pink' commercial perfume can do.

Then it went through an odd sweet stage, which makes me uncomfortable. It's a vague sweetness, kind o floral, and nauseas to me.

However, the dry down is to die for, it's the type of clean musk I love, something really similar to Lanvin Jeanne Lanvin's dry down. Clean, slightly ink-y smelling musk.

----
The good times:
Since I’m loving the dry down, so I've put on Mure et Musc Extreame again another day, maybe deep inside I still have some romantic fantasy for this perfume and wishing it might behave. Alas, miracle does happen some times.

The opening is totally different! There's at most 5 seconds of lovely juicy genuine blueberry smell(not sweetened, just natural blueberry smell you can smell from a punnet of real blueberries), and then it transformed to something citrusy with a little bit spicy hint, something reminds me a lot of dry orange-peel/old fashioned good cologne kind of spicy(eg. Dior Eau Sauvage).

Then it smells creamier(as in vanilla creamy) and sweeter, all in a pleasant way.

Later on, there's a big bang to me, in a mind-blowing good way, the pseudo-vanilla scent and the citrusy residual have transformed into the ink-y musk, smells clean, innocent, and at the same time really addictive and sensual.

Highly recommended if you love clean musk, as I said, the dry down is to tie for.
If it disappointed you by its opening, maybe give it another chance, it might bloom on you at a slightly different temperature or with a different mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment