Saturday 15 October 2011

Perfume-L'Artisan-Dzing!

Dzing! by Serge Lutens is one of those perfumes that I know I should love according to the notes and end up discovering more good surprises upon real-life sniffing.

Dzing! starts with a burst of nearly scentless quite woody sweet smell with a burnt nuance, which reminds me a bit of Blvgari Black, but Dzing! Is much less rubbery-burnt.

After a short-lived quasi-chai sweetness comes and goes for about 2, or 3 minutes, Dzing! settles and smells quite quiet, with a woody sweet wild woody fields smell. This makes me think of absinth without the alcohol smell, plus something rounder in the woods family and a pinch of sweet spice like cinnamon without the cinnamon personality. I guess this is the L’Artisan house accord? Because this comfy woody scent also appears in various degrees in those I”ve tried like Fou d’Absinthe, Bois Farine and Passage D’Enfer.
However, as a typical mundane person who normally go for oriental vanilla type of scent or something fruity floral, I find this type of L’Artisan scent is something I admire, but will not really wear to the public as a part of my accessory. I guess this type of scent need a stronger boyish personality to pull off, someone like Angelina Jolie perhaps?
A picture of dried leaves on the pavement and a partial image of the back tire of a bicycle.
To avoid the quite likely  chance of the perfume wears me, I’d say Dzing! Is a decant worth one to me.
Nevertheless, worth trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment