Tuesday 9 October 2012

Perfume-MDCI Parfums-Le Rivage des Syrtes

Le Rivage des Syrtes by MDCI starts with something smells vaguely like flowers and predominantly like sugar water to me. However, it is not your average cheap nasty sugary stuff, it smells like natural, inoffensive, great quality blend. Also, adds to the fascination is that there is a sense of quirky green quasi-citrus freshness in the scent, which just made the whole composition more lively. Somehow, I can predict that I will really end up enjoying the test drive a lot.

Later on, Le Rivage des Syrtes gets a shier and more diluted with some watery feel. This scent feels like one of those beige coloured trench coat, somehow, nearly everyone knows of, and possibly wanted to have one at one stage of life, just for the sake of be able to blend in and somewhat popular (when popular equals indistinguishable).By all means, I am not saying that Le Rivage des Syrtes is bad at all, in fact, I find it quite pleasant and non-demanding to wear.

The dry down of Le Rivage des Syrtes is just slightly softer in a really really light woody-musk way.

I find that Le Rivage des Syrtes is lovely and quite enough to be a perfect office scent (which makes me want to laugh when thinking about some sales assistant actually says to me that YSL’s Parisienne can be worn to office and everyone loves it, oh well, different people have different opinions on what makes a great office scent I guess, also, who knows if one day the sale girl would tell me that Thierry Mugler’s Angel, or Guerlain’s Shalimar would be perfect for office). I guess my notion of a good office scent is that, it should be shy enough, and the scent should be inoffensive enough and have a really soft sillage, to make it an office scent, otherwise, why bother to categories something as an office scent, but it is just a personal favourite you happen to wear to work?

I’d recommend Le Rivage des Syrtes to those who has the kind of disposable income they can use (as none of the MDCI scents are cheap relatively speaking), and happen to be seeking something really quiet and office-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment