Sunday 14 October 2012

Perfume-Celebrity Perfume-Katy Perry-Purr


Purr by Katy Perry is actually quite a nice surprise to me, considering that I was quite sceptical about her perfume as soon as I saw the packaging, in which Katy Perry wears some kind of rubbery hot pink and blue-y violet cat outfit. I was really judging the perfume from its box/cover. To be honest, I do not care about Katy Perry, as in I don’t mind listen to her songs if it happen to be in the radio in the background, that’s all. The celebrity perfume launching trends also got me scared of sniffing any of the celeb fumes, fearing that I will have another nasty headache.

Well, Purr by Katy Perry is a great non-brainer type of comfort scent. It starts with some kind of creamy sugary vanilla-y vague fruity punch, and something fresh and breezy, which could be the imaginary bamboo note as marketed. The beginning of Purr really makes me think of sunny days, fun park rides and fairy floss.
Soon after the initial burst of sweet fun opening, Purr settles to a really creamy concoction with a tiny swirl of something like cherry-blossom, but really sugared, jerked or pickled in a lot of sweetness. This actually reminds me quite a bit of CK In2U for Her Pop limited edition, but Purr is creamier, warmer and not as bubbly or energetic as CK In2U for Her Pop.

The final dry down has this slightly warmer and fuzzier feel to it in comparison to the middle stage, and it is definitely much less sweet and powderier in powdery-sweet sense.

I know of that Britney Spears’ scents generally get relatively positive feedbacks among many other celebrity perfumes, but I guess after I tried Purr, I’d say Katy Perry’s perfume quality somewhat feels a bit higher to me, than Britney Spears’, which I find as a great thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment