Saturday 22 September 2012

Perfume-MDCI Parfums-Rose de Siwa


Old fashioned dressing table rose-scented facial powder comes to my mind after I tried Rose de Siwa, by MDCI Parfums, on. It smells really similar to the springtime limited edition of Paris by Yves Saint Laurent, rose water, or the rose aspect of several L’Occitane’s rose/peony themed scents.

To my nose, the scent develops rather linearly, the only difference between the newly applied perfume and 3-4 hours after, is that the rose/peony combo smells more predominant to my nose while the cosmetic-y powdery notes becomes less present.

The final dry down, is the best aspect of the scent to me, because there is this vaguely creamy woody note mingles perfectly with the rose aspect, and I do love a rose scent to have some depths.
Overall, Rose de Siwa by MDCI Parfums is a lovely rose-themed scent which shows the soft, warm, even a bit balm-ish aspect of rose.

However, will I recommend it? The answer a definite ‘No’. Largely due to its price, for the same amount of money, you could’ve found 3-4 bottles of lovely rose scents of similar quality from perfume brands.

No comments:

Post a Comment