Monday 3 September 2012

Perfume-Dolce&Gabbana-Velvet Collection-Velvet Desire

Velvet Desire from the Velvet Collection range by Dolce & Gabbana really caught my eyes, as I am not that much a fan of diva-level tuberose note, but bear in mind that the scents from the Velvet Collection by Dolce&Gabbana which I have tried so far appear to be quite polite, my anticipation of a librarian-style tuberose is in the air.
Upon application, Velvet Desire smells quite like a soliflore (i.e single flower) perfume to my nose. It has a beautiful, springlike, breezy, cleaned-up, non-aggressive, nor heady type of tuberose note, which is really dominant. On top of the tuberose, minor hint of gardenia creaminess comes and goes.
As the perfume settles down and develops, it simply gets closer to the skin in a more harmonious way. Quite a linear scent I’d say.

It will be perfect for those looking for a nice middle ground between tuberose and gardenia, and doesn’t like any of the above white flowers being too potent or rich. As a tuberose avoider, I am impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment