Wednesday 19 September 2012

Perfume-MDCI Parfums-Promesse de l'Aube


Slightly quai-leathery sweetness wrapped with bergamot-y brightness and warmth marks the beginning of Promesse de l’Aube (which means the promises of dawn) by MDCI Parfums. As the scent develops, it reminds me a lot of some particular Chanel perfumes, the typical warm slightly leathery luxury bag type of smell some Chanel perfumes possess. Allure it is! I find Promesse de l’Aube has quite a similarity to Allure’s warmth, but not as dry or powdery as Allure. I can actually smell some sweetness in Promesse de l’Aube, which makes it much more welcoming (mind you, I can’t stand Allure). Promesse de l’Aube smells of something slightly nutty mixed with tart sweet lemon skin on top of lush, slightly fuzzy jasmine. The whole combination makes it warm, fuzzy and somewhat, to me, a bit stale, which is one of the reasons I don’t really like Allure, I guess I find a cleaner scent more attractive than something sweet in a stale fashion.

As Promesse de l’Aube gets warmed up, it becomes sweeter, in a slightly dry, a bit almond-powdery with a little bit hint of marzipan-ness, while the typical Chanel Allure kind of warmth (smells rather stale to me tho) still lingering around and making a quite strong impression.
The dry down is quite typical Chanel Allure, with all of the above plus a little bit non-vanilla kind of impressionist type of vanilla sweet, dry and non-cream creaminess.

If you are a fan of Allure by Chanel, you would love Promesse de l’Aube by MDCI too, however, I find this name doesn’t really fit the perfume, it smells rather like something for a cloudy cool evening. Not my cup of tea and needless to say that you can easily get Allure from Chanel for a cheaper price.

No comments:

Post a Comment