Tuesday 5 June 2012

Perfume-Hilde Soliani-Fraaagola Saalaaata

Fraaagola Saalaaata
Yes, Fraaagola Saalaaata is the name of this fragrance. I got this as a bonus sample and haven’t really paid any attention to it for quite a while because I really can’t take such a name seriously; the name is like really unprofessional dumb person who’s trying to be cute and drag-spells things and I guess I had bad experiences with some girls like. Anyways, when choosing a name for a finish product, I just can’t really get my head around how can someone seriously choose such a name.
I guess I was wrong for assuming that perfumes should be a like fine art (well, some of them are, which is the very thing made me interested in perfumes), there can be ‘fun’ ones. Fraaagola Saalaaata is one of those perfumes which wouldn’t intend to be taken seriously at all. It is fun without responsibility.
The scent simply smells of strawberry ice cream (without any vanilla-ness) to me. The very beginning is a bit coarse, with the strawberry scent stings my nostril a little bit physically, which is quite unexpected, as this type of sting is really similar to the real strawberries’ potent sweet fresh and nature strawberry-ness. Soon after, some close-to-none creaminess has been added in, and this makes Fraagola Saalaaata a mouth-waterying strawberry ice cream, but beware, this is not your gourmand high grade strawberry ice cream,  it is a bit coarse, the vanilla base isn’t as smooth or rich, the strawberry isn’t as ripe, things here has this lower-than-homebrand-goods-ness in it, but it still works nicely, just like when you were camping for days and you find anything delicious and you wouldn’t care if it is from a particular brand. I checked the website, it seems that ‘strawberry’ and ‘salt’ are the only ingredients in this, I guess this explains a lot why this scent gives me the breeze sting in my nostril and why the strawberry ice cream just doesn’t smell as creamy or gourmand.
Basically, I have nothing more than “strawberry ice cream” to say about this scent, the longer you let it develop (I guess the salt notes will disappear more), the smoother and nicer it smells on the skin.
I can see a pre-teen spraying this happily, I wouldn’t mind to wear this when I have a craving for strawberry ice cream; however, to be honest, I cannot seriously treat this as a perfume, just like that I cannot seriously treat many of Demeter’s scents as real perfumes. Unless you are seriously looking for and wanting to wear non-creamy strawberry ice cream scent on you, I’d say this is just a sample-worth fragrance if you have a sweet tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment