Tuesday 19 June 2012

Perfume-Fragonard-Soleil

Soleil, by Fragonard, with a burst of banana-y watery, lily dominant combination marking the start, is quite a replica of one of the popular 90's Armani perfume, which is either Gio or Aqua di Gio by Giorgio Armani (I remember one of my aunties has that perfume, however, since I don't have either Armani sample, I can't say definitively which one Soleil resembles).

After several minutes, Soleil is like a blooming white flower bouquet, with mainly lily and buttery, non-heady jasmine.

Then Soleil develops in a quite linear fashion. To me, as a jasmine/white flower hater, Soleil is tolerable, yet I still find the flowers too sharp here; however, I can see people praise Estée Launder's Beautiful Love, or Armani's Aqua di Gio (or is it just Gio?) will like this one.

One suspicion though, since several Fragonard scents I have tried are highly similar to, if not replicas of, some popular commercial perfumes, it's not impossible that some Aqua di Gio(or Gio?) regular wearer might find Soleil so similar to what they already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment