Monday 4 June 2012

Perfume-Boudicca-Wode(Paint)

Image of the perfume bottle of Wode (Paint) by Boudicca, which looks like an street artist's spraying can.
Image of the perfume bottle of Wode (Paint) by Boudicca.
Wode (Paint) by Boudicca surprised me in the weirdest but amazingly intrigued and addictive way.

It's a rather linear scent in comparison with many other perfumes.
It does change, but really smooth and subtle.

It starts with a juniper dominant scent with a lot of other background scents mixed so well that I cannot tell what they really are. It makes me feel cold, a little bit lazy, tired, but relaxed. It feels like, without the lights on,you sitting in your study and watching through the window in a dim rainny winter afternoon.

As the blue paint disappear, the scent gets sweeter, but it's certainly not the dull, sharp, plastic fruity sweetness you get from the mall. It's comforting and I feel really peaceful, like walking on dry leaves in a warm autumn day. It's a kinda dry sweetness with really light smokey edge, and somehow makes me think about tea leaves and tobacco leaves and some shy dry flowers mixed with sun-dried hey.

Within two hours, the scent strats fading away. I can detect a trace of sweet sweat scent(which is more towards the plain milk biscuit kinda sweetness rather than a sexy Cabaret type of sweat). Suprisingly, this veil of 'sweat' scent is really comforting and I totally love it.

However, Paint doesn't last(normally edts lasts 5-7 hours on me). I am wondering is that a part of the art for Wode(paint)? As if it wanted to get some messeges cross, like 'Lovely moments aren't long, what's left is the memory' or 'What considered as Arts of a certain era is really temporary in comparison with the human civilization' etc... Well, I guess I've been thinking too much because I really love Paint.

About the presentation of Wode(paint), it does have some really interesting concept and played with acid-base science well. However, I guess, to different people, the 'magic-ink' cliché will either make or break the impression of the perfume. Anyways, it is really brave and interesting.

You should at least try it once in your life. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment