Sunday 10 June 2012

Perfume-Fragonard-Billet Doux

Billet Doux by Fragonard
From the burst of melow-y melon nectar sweet to something like rich, fragrant, gourmand sweet osmanthus rice cake smell with some background rich silky rose hint, Billet Doux definitely can lure quite a number of osmanthus lovers or rich-sweet-foody-floral lovers in.


After a while, Billet Doux settles down a bit and the sultry, creaminess coming through. It is like plum jerky sweet-sour mouthwatering aspect meet something slightly creamy, this harmonious concoction reminds me a bit of Bond No.9's Chinatown, but Billet Doux has a bit more osmanthus/apricot-y-rice-cake powdery foody smell which Chinatown lacks, while Chinatown has creaminess which is not shy to say that 'I am the gardenia' along with the comparatively more dominant and sweet sandalwoods.

After about 4 hours, Billet Doux doesn't have much sillage by lying close to the skin. To me, the dry down is a really beautifully well-mixed concoction. Call me crazy, but it does smell of sweet, vanilla-y sultry plum jerky in a fizzy, bubbling quasi-Cokecola mixed way to me. Despite my disapprove of thick, sugary scents, this Coke smell actually smells rather cosy and refreshing at the same time to me and I do like it.

Would I recommend it? Yes I will, as long as you are the type with patience for the dry down (because to me, the top notes phase and quite a bit of the mid notes phase isn't that amazing and Bond No.9 does a better job in Chinatown), and if you have the leisure to go to France to test it out or have the money to bling-buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment