Friday 27 April 2012

Perfumes-More Moschino's-Funny!, Moschino and Moschino Couture!


Moschino has been my effortless chic, go-to perfume brand for a while. I guess many of us might have noticed that Moschino does create some nice scents which wouldn't cost an arm or a leg to buy.
The following are reviews for some Moschino fragrances: Funny! Moschino, and Moschino Couture!.
  • Funny! by Moschino
Funny! By Moschino, to me, is one of those safe day time scent which actually uplifts instead of merely being a perfume or worse, drags your. Being categorised as a floral fruity (which many associate with bubbly teenagers or younger 20somethings), Funny! is actually quite versatile in a way.
The beginning of the scent is uplifting in with a burst of sweet orange-y scent (which according to the official notes listed, should be tangerine) mixed with a handful of really soft spiciness which makes the scent fresh yet grounded.
Imgae of a girl lying on a deck, under the sun, which to me, evokes exactly the happy feeling that Funny! by Moschino gives me
As the scent develops, the fresh juiciness of tangerine gradually disappears, while this subtle well-blended sweet mute floral accord comes in and softens the scent a bit. I cannot really detect any single note, I guess a mixture of tea and rose-y scent with quite generous dose of tangerine is what is smelt like. Then the scent stayed like this for quite a good 5-6 hours.
Being a floral fruity perfume, Funny! does have something more than sugary water to offer and I’m quite impressed by Funny!, Worth trying.


  • Moschino by Moschino
Moschino smells pretty spice in the beginning, a bit nutmeg-y and a bit woody in a sweetway. Somehow it was like a typical introduction of a perfume made in the 80s. Big bold opening which are rather similar to each other of the 80s spice woody offering, but all develops rather differently after the initial stage. Somehow the smell is addictive with a lot of nostalgic turn, because it actually smells like those insects repellent made from flower-extract, which I happen to caught a glimpse of when I was little back in China; I remember that grandpa was quite found of those insect repellents and it has become a smell I associate with grandpas/grandmas and those old times when you go to your grandparents’ place for summer holiday.
After about 5-8minutes, Moschino becomes mellower and the floral notes gradually come to the central stage, I can smell something rather spice, along the carnation line and something rose-y yet not too loud. On top of the quasi-old-fashioned-Chinese-insect-repellent smell, Moschino smells really lovely to me. Nothing as synthetic as those post 2000 perfumes, what Moschino has is a kind of charm, reserved yet bold.
The dry down is quite lovely, it’s just like the middle notes get faded a bit, and more warmed up on the skin with a much smaller sillage.
I’d associate Moschino with golden colour, Victorian style vanity mirrors etc and I find this perfume is quite an oldie but also a goodie, it’s a perfume with some backbones.



  • Moschino Couture! by Moschino
Couture is the perfume I’ve heard quite a bit hype about, while got it tested on me, I’m not that amazed at all.
The opening of Couture is like superglue to my nose, which I’m pretty clear that it should be the pomegranate accord and its sourness and the glue-ness will disappear. Surely the glue-ness is gone within 5 seconds, and leaves this rather generic, yet well-blended concoction of citrusy and slightly peppery spice. I find Couture! Is not that feminie or luxury as many others find, due to my association of citrusy scents and rather bubbly and sporty type. Somehow, it reminds me a lot of Funny! by Moschino, also in a really similar bottle, but in blue.
After a while when the dominant citrusy notes are gone, Couture! smells of Dove soap (without too much of the soapiness) with a hint of slightly floral-neutralised citruses to me. I can see it’s going to be a rather safe scent to wear as in who would really find soap residue offensive?
From here to the dry down, Couture! develops in a rather linear fashion. I find that I was a bit harsh towards this scent, overall, it is pleasant enough and much better presented than many of the new scents these days.
If you love clean scent with a bit discreet floral feminie touch and some orange-y zest for lightening it up, Couture! is one must-try. However, if you are actually searching for something with more personality and would please yourself more, maybe just leave Couture! in the ‘I-don’t-mind-to-be-gifted-a-bottle-of-this’ list.

No comments:

Post a Comment