Sunday 1 April 2012

Perfume-Cristobal Balenciaga-Balenciaga Paris

Balenciaga Paris by Cristobal Balenciaga has been in some eye-catching position with great light, in many shops I've visited, for quite a while ever since its launch. 

I didn't know it is a Chypre Floral until I checked it up. I thought it's more a grown-up sophiscated floral fruity. Oh well, I guess this is what a modern chypre smell like then.

It is weird, but I really smelt a lot of fresh crispy green pear scent with violet soft sweetness in the beginning and I told myself it's the best pear scent ever!

About 3 hours later, the ‘pear’ freshness is still there, but with more floral added in, which made the fragrance softer and really elegant and femmine. However, somehow this reminds me of traditional cologne plus nice optimistic notes from some new pink perfume like Baby Doll by YSL, but all in a unique and interestingly good way. It does smell golden, more self assured, even a bit classic, than most of the pink-y morden chypre-y fragrances out there.

The perfume is really modern and refined, somehow, it’s not hard to see Balenciaga Paris might be the next Chanel No.5 kind of stapler in a woman’s wardrobe, especially if the woman has a spot for violet (this might be the best violet scent I’ve tried so far). It is nothing like old-school classic chypre or aldehyde scents, somehow I feel it has some notes make it float in the air. Quite an interesting scent to try on.
Personally, I find Balenciaga Paris a bit hard to pull off for those more relaxed, casual occasions; also, for anyone under 25, the risk factor simply skyrockets. I don’t normally put perfumes into age groups, however, there is something really grande, which I can’t put my fingers through, in this perfume which makes me feel that it’s too powerful (thinking about workaholic executive women in a company, whom forgot how to smile sometimes :S). On the right person, it might work wonders, however, for now, I guess I’ll pick something lighter and more carefree, like Naughty Alice by Vivienne Westwood instead, if I was craving for some good violet woody powder scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment