Sunday 1 April 2012

Perfume-Jennifer Aniston-Lolavie

Lolavie by Jennifer Aniston is such a Jennifer-style-sweetheart perfume, clean, lovely, happy, not demanding, just there, smiles at you in a nice way, which makes me think of a lot of her characters in those romantic chick flicks. Just as the old sweet Jen, Lolavie is slightly different from most of the other sugary bombshell-wanna-be celebrity perfumes and I have to confess, as snobish/skeptical as I am towards celeb perfumes, I was willingly reaching Lolavie at the perfume counter.

The opening is quite a blast of like everything, but in a nice, inoffensive way, I can’t really put my finger through what it smells like and it’s not like any of your typical celebrity perfume, Lolavie is really well blended and I find the quality of the ingredients is rather pleasant (than a lot of the commercial perfumes in this kind of price range). What I smell after about one minute is white flowers, it’s not aggressive at all, somehow it smells rather soothing, and like Chinese Jasmine tea I find in a tea shop called T2 here (it’s a blend of jasmine flower and normally white tea). Then it fluctuates between the Chinese Jasmine tea smell and a slightly sweeter night blooming floral scent. It could easily be one of the white flower themed perfumes launched by a niche house, as in it’s not that bland ga-ga-y celebrity; it does have the typical people-pleaser personality of a commercial/celebrity perfume, but has a bit more soul in it, a nice soul.

After about half an hour, Lolavie smells like laundry, a peculiar combination of Laundromat from Demeter and for Her Musk from Narciso Rodriguez. It is a clean, fresh-out-of shower scent with a bit household cleaning soapy powdery twist, somehow I like it.

Even thought Lolavie is quite a clean, non-typcial-celebrity scent which I think worth trying (not for a mindset as a connoisseur or deep-thoughtful appreciation, but just for fun)!


However, on a side note, about all the Jennifer Aniston’s perfume and all the celebrity gossip:
I think I read it somewhere that Anais Anais used to be Jennifer’s favourite perfume for years until she grow out of it, hmmm…not sure if Lolavie is Ms Aniston’s tribute to her loved Anias Anais? I guess it might be a rather dangerous task because it seems Anais Anais is still loved by many (I’m one of them) these days, and Lolavie would have a lot of trouble to top that and it does not, in my opinion. Hmmm, why not create something more original?
In addition, as pleasing as this perfume is, I can’t stoping thinking about Rachel, played by Jennifer Aniston, in Friends, once Rachel said “I’m not a push-over” but it seems she has been pushed quite a bit. As much a sweetheart as Jennifer is, I guess her perfume wouldn’t end up in my collection (who would want to smell just goody-goody and somewhat like house-hold cleaning product? Sorry, I’m quite harsh…); and I’d rather stock up some vamp-y perfumes favoured by her ‘enemies’.

No comments:

Post a Comment