Tuesday 13 December 2011

Perfume-Chanel-Allure Parfum

Allure (Parfum) by Chanel starts with a rather odd aged scented eraser smell, which is barely there. Somehow I’m not entirely sure why Allure is the name.
Soon enough there is a certain mild spiciness nicely blended in. So…fruit (mostly discreet banana) scented eraser being lightly spiced up is the only way I can describe Allure for now. Allure does not evoke any emotion to me except for some childhood eraser-associated memories. Applied with a light hand I guess this can be mistaken as a woman or a man’s skin scent due to the near-zero sillage and the way it smells.
Towards the dry down, Allure is a the above with a tiny bit vaguely jasmine-y white floral hint and a weird dried non-orange-smelling vaguely orange peel smell added in; while the scent is getting closer and closer.
I have to say, actually this scent is quite nice after the bizarrely weird opening, it’s vague in the nicest way that I’ve ever smelt from a mainstream perfume; and I can see it being a perfect skin scent on the right person.

No comments:

Post a Comment