Thursday 15 November 2012

Perfume-Celebrity Perfume-Britney Spears-Curious

Curious is one of the Britney Spears’ perfumes that I actually find easy to wear (in comparison with some high-voltage sugary flankers introduced year after year). The start is really watery (not aquatic sports perfume-y, thank god), feminine, with the magnolia wrapped with fresh discreet pear scent. It is sweet, but in a nice, girl-next-door sweet way if not over-applied.

After a while, it gets warmer with the vanilla-y notes coming in, but it’s not that in-your-face cake-y vanilla, it’s soft, smooth, and a good supporting background vanilla for the floral notes. Somehow it makes me think of high school, comfy beanbags and carefree girls (vice versa, high school girls do wear Curious a lot in my memory).

I find the final dry down a bit unstructured or too wishy washy, since it’s a washed down and warmed up, slightly stale and dustier version of the mid phase. However, since at this stage, people can barely smell it unless they press their noses against your skin, Curious gets my forgiveness.

Overall, it’s one of the celebrity perfumes I find nice to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment