Saturday 28 July 2012

Perfume-Salvador Dali-Little Kiss Cherry

I’ve never been a fan of Salvador Dali’s fragrance, out of a handful of them I’ve casually tried on paper strip in store, nothing has really caught my attention.

Little Kiss Cherry looks kind of promising, when I was searching for a summery day scent. However, I guess Salvador Dali should’ve just stayed with his usual arts, instead of playing with the olfactive art too pre-maturely.
Ok…about the scent, after an initial burst of unpleasant, sharp alcohol smell, Little Kiss Cherry is slightly more tolerable. To my nose, it is quite similar to many commercial “girly” perfumes launched after 2000 which didn’t follow the sugary sweet blue print, a.k.a Little Kiss Cherry is the watery sparkling sour alternative.
To my nose, initially this smells more of an acidic sour cherry on top of some watery twig accord than any imagination “cherry” or “kisses” typically evoke to me. After a while, it gets a bit fruity sweeter, and the citrusy lemon-y accord gradually made it more detectable.
The official notes of this fume look rather colourful, however, this is the time I do become rather sceptic, litchi, cherry blossom, lotus, camellia etc, I guess, most of the time it’s quite subjective to our marketing-induced imagination, to be honest, what I smelt could be all the above, or, honestly, realistically and subjectively, it’s just watery sour cherry and cherry twigs to me.
Little Kiss Cherry does bring in mind many personality-wise similar scents, like Yves Saint Laurent’s Baby Doll and its flankers, Dior Addict II and  Salvatore Ferragamo’s Incanto series (but Little Kiss Cherry is much less sweet) to name a few. However, there is something sharp in this scent which makes me feel quite uneasy and questioning the quality.
Some might find Little Kiss Cherry quite inoffensive and suitable for office.
However, I find it lacks of personality and of quite disappointing quality (perhaps too obviously synthetic/edgy/fuzzy according to my definition and to my nose), I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. For the same amount of money, or several buck extra, get yourself a bottle of Baby Doll I’d say (somewhat Baby Doll becomes a classic when in comparison with Little Kiss Cherry).

No comments:

Post a Comment