Saturday 14 July 2012

Perfume-Demeter-Hello Kitty, Little Twin Stars, My Melody, ChocoCat

The inner child of me just could not resist the cute Sanrio line from Demeter. Curious and curiouser, I waited and waited, till the day I received the parcel and couldn't wait to open it and smell the scents. However, to be honest, Demeter might have a handful scents which impress me, but...the Sanrio series? some of them are quite disasterious to someone who is seriously looking for a perfume-y perfume. Despite Hello Kitty and Little Twin Stars disappoint me, the other two are rather cute-ish.
Well, here's what I think about the scents:

  • Hello Kitty by Demeter
Hello Kitty by Demeter smells of really artificial “apple” flavour. Period.
As much as I wanted to like it, as much as I tried to smell the “apple” notes in it (yep, according to Demeter, there are various  apples featured: red, green and yellow); I find there is this sharp, harsh plastic-y note in Hello Kitty which overpowers anything that’s a bit “apple”-ish smelling.
Image of 15ml purse spray version of the Demeter fragrances, from left to right, they are Little Twin Stars, Hello Kitty, My Melody and Chococat
Photo of Demeter fragrances in purse spray version.


  • Little Twin Stars
Little Twin Stars by Demeter starts just like the average household dishwashing detergent, in lemon flavour—it’s lemony with a significant touch of sugar sweetness, yet still gives the illusion of that it’s a lemon scent.  To be honest, it is a little bit disappointing and it would be better if Demeter named this one ‘Detergent, Lemon’ or something.
As time goes by, there’s a watery yet nice element comes in, which makes this scent a bit watered down, the sugary accord less aggressively commercial. Somehow, I’d say, it’s not bad at all. It’s a resemblence of sweet orange and other citrusy essential oil burn in a water essential oil burner, nice for the home environment. Still, I cannot get over the fact that this scent really doesn’t make me feel like wearing it. So much so, that you wouldn’t wear a washing detergent on your skin.
The good thing (or maybe a bad thing) is that, the sillage of the scent simply declains in a drastic linear fashion and about 3 hours later, no matter how hard I press my nose on my arm, there’s nearly nothing left.

  • My Melody
My Melody by Demeter is a rather interesting Demeter offering since I’m a vanilla junkie with a sweet tooth. The start is like almond syrup, really sweet, a bit almondy with a tiny hint of alcohol. Then the scent settles to something typically sweet Demeter, which is…hmmm, disappointing. The scent then smells like some kind of slightly burnt warm vanilla-scented rather solid cake, which is quite similar to the dry down of Waffer Cone and Strawberry Icecream, also from Demeter. Somehow I can’t stop but wondering, does Demeter really create all the scents from scretch, or is there a magic base for all the sweet scent, which in the end, leads to such boring similarity. :S
Not bad as a fuzzy, kind of solid (as in when you inhale it, it feels as if the solid of..say a cake, was inhaled) vanilla foody scent, but if vanilla or almond or the combination of vanilla and almond is what you are after, there are surely many scents better than this one. Said that, I wouldn’t mind too much if I was going to wear this one in cooler weather.

  • Chococat
Chococat by Demeter is a really yummy scent for gourmand, chocolate lovers.
The start of Chococat smells of real dark chocolate (the scent and the heavy solid feel) with a hint of slightly synthetic yet-non-headache-inducing cherry-ish scent.
After the initial burst of all the scent, Chococat calms down to some better mixture, which smells like vanilla chocotop, the really generic one you can find in the cinema candybar, with a hint of slightly sour and warmed cherries.
Nice scent to try! I don’t mind to wear it at home, however, I guess it is a bit not age apprepriate to wear Chococat out and about, somewhat it just reminds me of a five-year-old who got icecream melted and all over her dress. Nevertheless, it’s a cute scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment