Saturday 21 January 2012

Perfume-Chanel-Les Exclusifs de Chanel-Coromandel

Coromandel (edt) by Chanel, in the Les Exclusifs de Chanel range, is one of those big bold slightly old-fashioned smelling perfume I know I would love as soon as I got it on. It is sweet, woody-sweet; something along the line of patchouli mixed with dried vanilla. Somehow, I keep on having déjà vu’s when I smell the opening of Coromandel because it has a similar entrance personality as Shalimar by Guerlain, but of course, with an emphasis on patchouli-woody element.
As time pass by, Coramandel gradually develops its own personality, it’s getting warmer, cosier, kind of sweet-y amber-y and much less woody or patchouli-y than the start. Which intriguers me a lot, since patchouli is normally smelt in the base notes, not sure why I can already smell it this early.
The dry down is just a smoother, more amber-y version of the above. I find Coromandel a lovely and a bit shy version of a versatile, totally wearable oriental woody scent for almost any time. However, as much as I like it, I can’t help but sighing that Coromandel does not have that much a stunning personality, despite the promising foundation it’s based on. I guess this is the type of perfume I don’t mind to be gifted a bottle of, but would not really crave for one.

No comments:

Post a Comment