Tuesday 3 January 2012

Perfume-Chanel-Les Exclusifs de Chanel-31 Rue Cambon

It is time to try some of Les Exclusifs from Chanel. I guess humans are the kind of animal driving by curiosity, especially in my case here: the hard it is to get my hands on something, the more satisfaction I seem to get when somehow I actually got hold of a sample. Snobby or not, I guess there is somewhat a hidden nerve in many perfumistas, which, at some stage of our perfume-sniffing journey, makes us feel the urge to find that something more exclusive, more niche and even better, more a one-of-a-kind type of wonder, despite if there is any potential of actually wearing the scent out.
Well, here we come, the first one from the Chanel Les Exclusifs which I’ve tried:


  • 31 Rue Cambon, in the Les Exclusifs de Chanel range by Chanel
Be aware! I highly suspect that Chanel 31 Rue Cambon is a scent that differs a lot from person to person, and even smells really differently on the same person under different temperature. So I guess it’s wise to try more than twice or even three times before you reach a definite conclusion.

Chanel 31 is like the merits combo of No.5 Eau Premiere + Allure + Chance. My apology here for my chronologically wrongly referring Chanel 31 to later and more commercially wider distributed Chanel scents, to describe how Chanel 31 smells.

Ok, about the scent:

Chanel 31 Rue Cambon starts sharp and clean in an intoxicating bergamot dominant citrusy/aldehyde kind of chypre, reminds me a little bit of the elegant Chanel No.5 eau Premiere.

Then it goes sweeter, smoother, rounder and woodier. There’s sweetness in a patchouli powdery way, with some floral hint. Really warm, in an elegant and confident way, plus a little touch of sensual feeling. This reminds me a much refined Chanel Chance + Allure. It's self-assured luxury without boasting.

The dry down comes smoothly, like a sheer version of what I’ve been experiencing til this stage. It’s comforting with the elegant and clean iconic Chanel-style edge.

Worth trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment