Friday 18 November 2011

Perfume-Demeter Fragrance-New Zealand

Most of the clean Demeter scents just don't agree with me. New Zealand by Demeter is unfortunately one of them.

New Zealand by Demeter starts with some weird, soap-bubble-in-a-plastic-tube-for-too-long smell, somewhat getting glue-y. However, soon it transformed into real, lush, green leafy scent reminds me of those evergreen trees. Somewhat it does reminds me of New Zealand if I think about New Zealand while smelling this, I lived in Christchurch for about two years, and New Zealand reminds me of the gardens, the sun, the little hills and a vast landscape of green trees. Somehow it’s refreshingly young and lively.

Just when I think I can forgive the weird opening and love this scent, old glue plus sugarcane juice is the image hits my mind, yes, New Zealand transformed into a weirder smell. When the weird glue scent gradually disappears, it’s actually not bad, it reminds me a lot of Rain, also by Demeter, the sweet, kinda airy smell; plus a touch of those light, sweet, woody smell from uncoated wood furniture. However the drawback is, it gives me a headache, even though all these smells are so naturally present in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment